Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter - He Is Risen

This Easter as all Easters really are for me these days was beautiful and chaotic and overwhelming in all the ways. This year having Theo home for his first holiday and the fact that it was Easter, that he was attending Easter Sunday mass for the first time, hearing the good news of Jesus resurrection (even if he couldn't understand it). To see his face light up when the music started and to hear him sing along and he does know a good "Amen" felt so good. I am emotional as always these days and I might have had tears in my eyes during the whole opening song, just in total awe that I get to do this. Yes, there are so many hard moments every day and we are experiencing new hard moments as I've gone back to work full time and navigating sports season starting up for the 2 older kids. BUT in the end our YES means a lifetime of healing his old hurts and making him know he is loved and that this family is his forever. Thankful for a beautiful day and that I get to call these beautiful little people mine.








We of course celebrated our spunky sour patch kid on Easter as it was her 2nd Birthday?!?!?! Colbie is a sweet gift, one we had while we thought we were waiting for the Ethiopia program...my how our plans change and my how I have no idea what is good for me in this life. Thankful that I don't write my own story. Happy birthday you crazy chick...I call her my sour patch kid because she can flip her switch in no time from my sweetest little blonde hair baby girl to a sassy/temper tantrum throwing toddler! She keeps me on my toes this one! She adores Trolls, Babies, Suckers, ketchup, the book Brown Bear and her family (if someone is missing she always asks me where they are).



No comments: